Authug Al-Shehail, our founder, established the law firm in 2006. It is the first law firm in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to be founded and managed by a woman.
FOCUS OF PRACTICE
- Arbitrating major international disputes in Saudi Arabian & Middle East.
- Arbitrating disputes internal to GCC & KSA for Gulf Region companies.
- Developing & negotiating major supply contracts for large industrial clients.
- Successful arbitration of loan and debt disputes.
- Developing commercial leases for major commercial property developers.
- Developing Startup Companies articles of incorporation and shareholder agreements.
- Global Arbitration & Litigation Experience in USA, Middle East, Europe & Africa.
MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENTS & AFFILIATIONS
- Established first legal firm founded and managed by a woman in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Established (Arab Legal Academy) to improve legal practices in the Arab world.
- Member of SUNSGLOW (Center for the Study of the United Nations Systems and the Global Legal Order) endorsed by former UN Sec. Gen. Kofi Annan University of Cairo Law School.
- Member of the Gulf Cooperation Council (G.C.C) Arbitration Center
- 2010– Lectured at “The Key to Success Workshop” at the Prince Sultan University Entrepreneurship Conference for Women in Business.
- 2009– Certificate of Excellence, Director of Research and Strategic Studies in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for organizing Piracy on the High Seas Conference
- 2009– Guest of Honor and Speaker graduation ceremony at King Saud University School of Law
- 2008– Fordham University Law School. SUNSGLOW Conference on Islam and Diversity Main Speaker “Gender Equality and Justice in Islam”
- 2007– Certificate of Excellence, Saudi Arabian Chamber of Commerce “Riyadh Economic Forum” organization
- 2007– Fordham University Law School Visiting Lecturer
- 2006– Gulf Countries Commercial Arbitration Center Annual Conference Assisted in panel and roundtable discussions on the future of women’s legal rights
- Participated in Saudi National Dialog “A better understanding with the other world”
- Participated in “Security Intellectual Conference in Riyadh, KSA
- Lectured on “The role of international law in combating terrorism
- Lectured on “Women’s Divorce Rights in Islamic “Law
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Cairo University School of Law, Cairo, Egypt
- Eötvös Loránd University of European Law, Budapest, Hungry
- Suffolk University School of Law, Boston, MA, USA
- Merrimack College, Andover, MA, USA
- ICDL (International Computer Certification)
- Certificate of French Language Advanced Fluency
- 2010 Member Center for International Legal Study (CILS)
- 2006 Member Arab Bar Association
- 2008 Co-Founder, MAJD Community Women’s Center (Riyadh, SA)
- 2004 Member, HHC (Home Health Care) Charitable Organization
- 2003 Member, KSA National Organization for Administration Skills
- 2000 Member, SUNSGLOW (Center for Study of UN Systems and Global Legal Order)